Browse Our Top Categories

Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) vs Bachelor of Arts? Options ▼
icedogalex
#1 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 1:22:45 PM

Hey everyone!

So basically, yesterday I was accepted into the Honours Bachelor of Applied Science Early Childhood Program at the University of Guelph-Humber.

Here's a small problem...my mother asked me if a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) is better than a Bachelor of Arts (BA). I couldn't answer her.

I have looked around, don't get me wrong, my main goal is to become an elementary school teacher. So, what I need to know is, which is better?

The BA would come from Ryerson.

The thing with Guelph-Humber is that I get an Honours Bachelor degree from the University of GUELPH, and a diploma in Early Childhood Education from Humber College.

Ryerson would be giving me a straight BA in Early Childhood Education.

So, there's the background information.

If the difference isn't MAJOR... I still plan on going to Guelph-Humber, it's my top choice so I am really exited!

Thanks for your help everyone! :)
University of Guelph-Humber
Honours Bachelors Degree Program (BASc) in Early Childhood + Diploma in ECE from Humber College

CLASS OF 2016!!

Future Career: Elementary School Teacher/Middle School Teacher
icedogalex
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:08:10 PM

To anyone that has seen this, or will...I found the answers I was looking for. They're basically the same and teachers college comes down to marks (for the most part).
University of Guelph-Humber
Honours Bachelors Degree Program (BASc) in Early Childhood + Diploma in ECE from Humber College

CLASS OF 2016!!

Future Career: Elementary School Teacher/Middle School Teacher
Conversation Jump