Browse Our Top Categories

2 Pages 12>
UTSC Class of 2016? Options ▼
Rookie
#1 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 9:09:22 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/23/2012
Posts: 13
Hey,

I got admitted to Neuroscience co-op a few days ago and have had some trouble finding other UTSC students :/ (I've found plenty of SG and UTM students!). Wondering if anyone here has been admitted to UTSC or is planning on attending in the fall!
Medic93
#2 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 9:46:05 PM
Rank: Grand Poobah


Joined: 3/3/2010
Posts: 19,630
I unfortunately have not been accepted yet, hopefully I will be prior to May 30th.

UTSC is my first choice!

Out of curiosity, What are you planning on doing with your degree in Neuroscience?

BTW congratulations on your acceptancecheers

**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
Rookie
#3 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 10:25:19 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/23/2012
Posts: 13
Medic93 wrote:
I unfortunately have not been accepted yet, hopefully I will be prior to May 30th.

UTSC is my first choice!

Out of curiosity, What are you planning on doing with your degree in Neuroscience?

BTW congratulations on your acceptancecheers



Hey!

Thanks! I got my acceptance on saturday night :) I really hope I'll be seeing you in September :) Do you know anything about the social life there? I'm planning on living downtown and commuting to UTSC in order to have a better social life--I hear UTSC is a big commuter school.

Not too sure, probably research or medicine..or might just go into business haha, but it keeps the doors open for research so that's why I took it instead of business
Medic93
#4 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 10:41:24 PM
Rank: Grand Poobah


Joined: 3/3/2010
Posts: 19,630
Looks like we're the only 2 that are planning/going there, I hope more prevail :P

In terms of social life, you've heard correctly unfortunately. Apparently the social life isn't that great there, but let's be honest, it's what we will make of it! I'm planning on getting highly involved in clubs, join the campus emergency response team, participate in undergraduate research opportunities.

I seriously hope there is a lot of student housing in the area, I'm planning on moving into a student house. I'm pretty positive I'll meet people that way, I'm not much of a party person, but I wouldn't mind meeting new people at some house parties, if UTSC even does those Haha :P

I selected UTSC over the downtown campus mainly due to the fact that the courses they have are so awesome, especially classes like Clinical Neuropsychology, and Cognitive Neuroscience offered by the Department of Psychology.

Where are you from btw?


**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
Rookie
#5 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 11:34:08 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/23/2012
Posts: 13
Medic93 wrote:
Looks like we're the only 2 that are planning/going there, I hope more prevail :P

In terms of social life, you've heard correctly unfortunately. Apparently the social life isn't that great there, but let's be honest, it's what we will make of it! I'm planning on getting highly involved in clubs, join the campus emergency response team, participate in undergraduate research opportunities.

I seriously hope there is a lot of student housing in the area, I'm planning on moving into a student house. I'm pretty positive I'll meet people that way, I'm not much of a party person, but I wouldn't mind meeting new people at some house parties, if UTSC even does those Haha :P

I selected UTSC over the downtown campus mainly due to the fact that the courses they have are so awesome, especially classes like Clinical Neuropsychology, and Cognitive Neuroscience offered by the Department of Psychology.

Where are you from btw?




Yeah I hope to bring the "BROH" to "scarBROH", get it? haha I'm actually planning to have a party at my place to kick things off and meet people and what not before classes start.

Nice, I actually didn't know about the courses, I just knew that the Neuroscience program at UTSC was a specialization, so I would take more neuroscience-related classes, cool stuff though.

I'm coming from Peru! I grew up in Mississauga, Ontario and moved to Vancouver, BC when i was 12, and just recently moved to Lima, Peru for grade 11 and 12 :) how about you?
Medic93
#6 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 11:56:53 PM
Rank: Grand Poobah


Joined: 3/3/2010
Posts: 19,630
Haha nice one, and yeah we should definitely get some parties going before we begin our studies at UTSC. I seriously want to reshape peoples perspective on the UTSC social scene and make it more vibrant. I know schools like Queens and Western are notable for their "Amazing student experience" but I was more concerned about course offerings lol.

I actually grew up in Mississauga as well, lived there for 17 years, until last year when I moved to Hamilton and I've been living here ever since.

I must say, it's pretty interesting that you've moved around quite a bit!

Are you planning on attending frosh week? I am for sure, I don't want to miss out :P

I'm also planning on moving to Scarborough at least a week prior to beginning Uni.

Are you fully set on moving downtown? You sure you don't want to give Scarborough student housing a shot :P
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
Rookie
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:17:05 AM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/23/2012
Posts: 13
Medic93 wrote:
Haha nice one, and yeah we should definitely get some parties going before we begin our studies at UTSC. I seriously want to reshape peoples perspective on the UTSC social scene and make it more vibrant. I know schools like Queens and Western are notable for their "Amazing student experience" but I was more concerned about course offerings lol.

I actually grew up in Mississauga as well, lived there for 17 years, until last year when I moved to Hamilton and I've been living here ever since.

I must say, it's pretty interesting that you've moved around quite a bit!

Are you planning on attending frosh week? I am for sure, I don't want to miss out :P

I'm also planning on moving to Scarborough at least a week prior to beginning Uni.

Are you fully set on moving downtown? You sure you don't want to give Scarborough student housing a shot :P



Nice! what part of Mississauga? (maybe pm me that haha and your facebook too if you have one!) For sure! when's frosh week? I don't think I'll be in town until September 1 or so though :S

Yeah I'm pretty set on moving downtown, but you never know haha I need to find a roommate first. You see, I want to rent one of those nice sky scraper condos? When you split the rent for a 2 bedroom 50/50, it can be the same or not much more than the housing at campus. But in that scenario, I would prefer to have my own place to have friends from out of town over and be able to walk home from activities I do DT and what not. Also, I'm planning on hosting a party in that condo :P
Medic93
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:29:59 AM
Rank: Grand Poobah


Joined: 3/3/2010
Posts: 19,630
That sounds awesome, BTW I'll be PM'ing you!

That actually sounds awesome, It'll be an awesome experience to live downtown in a skyscraper condo.

September 4th it apparently starts, but don't worry you'll make it in time even if the dates I researched aren't correct.

**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
Djohnson2012
#9 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 12:52:09 AM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 8
Not sure if this is the right place to post this;
I received an e-mail from UofT but I'm not sure if I'm in or not.
Can someone post a UofT offer of admission so that I can see what it looks like?
Thanks.
Rookie
#10 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 12:14:40 AM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/23/2012
Posts: 13
Djohnson2012 wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this;
I received an e-mail from UofT but I'm not sure if I'm in or not.
Can someone post a UofT offer of admission so that I can see what it looks like?
Thanks.



You should check the U of T App Checker:

https://join.utoronto.ca/

If you're accepted, it will tell you (trust me, you can't miss it)

Were you applying to the Scarborough campus? :D
NickBuchny
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:32:20 AM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 4/3/2012
Posts: 1
Hey I just got accepted as well,(UTSC)! I'm really excited, I figured I could drop a message here and make some friends before I even start attending. I'll be going for the Neuroscience(non-coop) as well. I figure I can talk to professors during the first year and ask if there is a benefit in taking co-op with the career path I'm interested in.

Hope to hear from you guys!
Rookie
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 2:31:31 AM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/23/2012
Posts: 13
NickBuchny wrote:
Hey I just got accepted as well,(UTSC)! I'm really excited, I figured I could drop a message here and make some friends before I even start attending. I'll be going for the Neuroscience(non-coop) as well. I figure I can talk to professors during the first year and ask if there is a benefit in taking co-op with the career path I'm interested in.

Hope to hear from you guys!


Shot you up a PM! :)
bitetheapple
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:14:12 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 1/21/2011
Posts: 22
hey everyone!
I got accepted to psychology at utsc, im just waiting for coop though :(
does anyone know ppl who got into coop psychology?
Rookie
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 3:33:24 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/23/2012
Posts: 13
Hey, just a shoutout to the person who PMed me, I couldn't reply because you PMed me from a guest account :/

To you and anyone interested in or planning to attend UTSC, check out the fb group U of T Scarborough (UTSC) Class of 2016!:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/372736586093820/

It's always good to know some people going in so you're not completely new :)
MasontheReaper
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 9:31:44 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 4/7/2012
Posts: 1
I got my acceptance for UTSC Coop in February for the Mental Health Studies program. One of my best friends was accepted in February too for the Neuroscience Coop. Another one of my classmates is in for non-coop psychology (accepted last week I think).

My mum's a highschool teacher and apparently a bunch of her students have been accepted for Management Studies Coop.

Soo... yep. That's about all I know regarding UTSC.
Medic93
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 11:30:32 PM
Rank: Grand Poobah


Joined: 3/3/2010
Posts: 19,630
Yay, finally people who are going into either Psychology or Mental Health Studies!

**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
jschiralli
#17 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 11:24:24 AM
Rank: Frosh




Joined: 7/7/2011
Posts: 44
i got accepted for mental health studies co-op at utsc but i'm still trying to decide between that and utsg social science. i change my mind everyday hahah
Davo
#18 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 4:33:45 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 4/13/2012
Posts: 1
I got accepted by UTSC into its Neuroscience program, non-coop. @rookie, almost the same time as you.
twinkleinthesky
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:48:45 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 4/21/2012
Posts: 5
This is exciting! :) I got accepted to neuroscience co-op as well! But I'm still debating between utsc and utsg life sci because of Vic One.
It sounds like commuting would be a lot of trouble since the TTC travel is an hour long. That still sounds nice though :)
Accepted:
UTSC - Neuroscience Co-op
UTSG - Life Science: Neuroscience (VicOne)
Western - Biological & Medical Sciences + Ivey AEO
Western - Science: Neuroscience + Ivey AEO
Waterloo - Math Co-op: Actuarial Science
McMaster - Engineering: Biomed
ashaiboy94
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 8:38:57 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 3
Didn't mean to revive this thread unnecessarily, but I also hope to attend UTSC. Who plans to live on campus because I'm from Oakville and although UTSC is a commuter school, I sorta would want to live on res.

Oh ya, I applied for non-coop Neuroscience.
2 Pages 12>
Conversation Jump  

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
Copyright © 2003-2014 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 1998-2014 StudentAwards All rights reserved.