Browse Our Top Categories

OSAP release date changed? Options ▼
Xizeta
#1 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 2:46:22 PM

I was expecting 840 dollars to be released to day (checked yesterday), September 14th. I just checked and the date is now October 10th. They suddently changed the release date a day before advertised.

Has this happened to anybody else?
uwogirl
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:14:01 PM

Yes! This happened to me too!

I have no idea why though. :( I mean, fortunately I don't need to depend on that money for rent or anything, but I know for some people, it really screws them over.
uwogirl
#3 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 4:30:53 PM

Now it says October 4th!!! yay!
Xizeta
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:37:26 AM

Mine too - however, mine is under the "released" section.
Have not been able to check, as I am in class, but will update.
Ben31
#5 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:05:38 PM

Sorry for bumping this thread but mine says it was released on October 12th.

Is that suppose to mean I'll receive it after 4-10 days? How come it's taking longer than usual...
OSAP101
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:56:44 PM

"Released" generally means that OSAP has put your electronic confirmation of enrollment in the queue for the financial aid officer at your school. The next step is for the FAA to "confirm" your enrollment by verifying your start and end dates, course, various bits of info you gave on your application and then to enter the amount of tuition that the school is taking from your OSAP funding, providing you answered "yes" to the question on the OSAP application.

Once the FAA is done, the funding is disbursed to the bank account that you gave on the MSFAA. It can take as little as 4 business days and as many as 10 business days for the funds to appear in your bank account. If you are concerned about the length of time it is taking, call the National Student Loan Service Centre and ask when the loans were "disbursed" - NOT "released" because that means something totally different in OSAP-speak.
Ben31
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:48:37 PM

OSAP101 wrote:
"Released" generally means that OSAP has put your electronic confirmation of enrollment in the queue for the financial aid officer at your school. The next step is for the FAA to "confirm" your enrollment by verifying your start and end dates, course, various bits of info you gave on your application and then to enter the amount of tuition that the school is taking from your OSAP funding, providing you answered "yes" to the question on the OSAP application.

Once the FAA is done, the funding is disbursed to the bank account that you gave on the MSFAA. It can take as little as 4 business days and as many as 10 business days for the funds to appear in your bank account. If you are concerned about the length of time it is taking, call the National Student Loan Service Centre and ask when the loans were "disbursed" - NOT "released" because that means something totally different in OSAP-speak.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks!
Conversation Jump