Browse Our Top Categories

Chances of Getting into... Options ▼
TheJoker
#1 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:05:00 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 4/26/2013
Posts: 18
Hi Guys, I was wondering what my chances are into getting accepted to Queen's Commerce, Ivey, and Rotman. My average is 95% and I have decent extra-curricular activities. Plus, I applied early (before Jan. 7) for Queen's Commerce and still didn't hear back from them. Am i still being considered? More importantly, do you think I still have a chance of getting into these programs? Thanks in advance for the feedback! colors
vivbri
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:58:15 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 5/3/2013
Posts: 11
Wow! You have a good average. Were you accepted into any of those schools? Just curious.
jboy87
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:59:18 PM
Rank: Senior Student


Joined: 2/17/2013
Posts: 63
with that average you have a good chance at rotman and ivey, however without reading your essays nobody can really predict if you will get into any of them, especially queen's.
Queen's Commerce 2017
randomguy4
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:59:34 PM
Rank: Senior Student


Joined: 9/2/2012
Posts: 135
Rotman and Queens you're probably gonna get into, surprised you haven't for Rotman already. Ivey might be toss up. Depends on your EC's and all that jazz.
Applied: 2013

Laurier BBA <- [Rejected]
---> Alternate Offer:- Honours BA Economics Offer Accepted
McMaster Business I [Accepted]
Brock Bacc co-op [Accepted]
Guelph Commerce [Accepted]
Waterloo Computing and Financial Management [Accepted]

Overall Average: 87.33%
Tomsuzie
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:33:30 PM
Rank: Senior Student


Joined: 10/31/2012
Posts: 96
Here is a comic relief for you. :)

TheJoker
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:17:43 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 4/26/2013
Posts: 18
vivbri wrote:
Wow! You have a good average. Were you accepted into any of those schools? Just curious.


I've applied to five programs. Queen's, Ivey, Rotman, Schulich, Laurier. I've gotten in Schulich (BBA) and Laurier (Double-Degree) but still waiting on the other three programs.
TheJoker
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:19:09 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 4/26/2013
Posts: 18
jboy87 wrote:
with that average you have a good chance at rotman and ivey, however without reading your essays nobody can really predict if you will get into any of them, especially queen's.


Thanks!!
TheJoker
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:20:44 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 4/26/2013
Posts: 18
randomguy4 wrote:
Rotman and Queens you're probably gonna get into, surprised you haven't for Rotman already. Ivey might be toss up. Depends on your EC's and all that jazz.


Thanks for the help :)
John204
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:03:14 PM
Rank: Student Body President


Joined: 11/13/2012
Posts: 1,112
0% chance. I'm sorry mate, depending on your ECs a 95% is not enough. The cut off for those three programs are in the high 90s.
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
Jacob2012
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 12:31:27 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 5/9/2013
Posts: 11
TheJoker wrote:
Hi Guys, I was wondering what my chances are into getting accepted to Queen's Commerce, Ivey, and Rotman. My average is 95% and I have decent extra-curricular activities. Plus, I applied early (before Jan. 7) for Queen's Commerce and still didn't hear back from them. Am i still being considered? More importantly, do you think I still have a chance of getting into these programs? Thanks in advance for the feedback! colors


FUk yo avg 95 doesnt mean crap u need very good ec's to even be considered they are probably looking at your application and about to rip it up forget queens. If you dont have atleast 8 ec's they throw ur application out. I figured that out the hard way after they did that to me, but my friend got in wiht a 90.1 average with 10 ec's... welll ur screwed soo have fun:), you can always go to college
YvoYeungGirl
#11 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 12:15:56 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 3/19/2013
Posts: 28
TheJoker wrote:
Hi Guys, I was wondering what my chances are into getting accepted to Queen's Commerce, Ivey, and Rotman. My average is 95% and I have decent extra-curricular activities. Plus, I applied early (before Jan. 7) for Queen's Commerce and still didn't hear back from them. Am i still being considered? More importantly, do you think I still have a chance of getting into these programs? Thanks in advance for the feedback! colors


Hi!

Rotman offers are coming out mid-May so you should hear back soon! Because they don't have rolling offers, they do it in periods. Your mark seems like what they are looking for so it is probably down to your supplemental.

Best of luck to you!
Conversation Jump  

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
Copyright © 2003-2014 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 1998-2014 StudentAwards All rights reserved.