Browse Our Top Categories

CA, CGA, and MBA requirement 2+ years of work experience. Does CMA require any work experience? Options ▼
studentofcommerce
#1 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 12:56:45 AM

CA, CGA, and MBA requirement 2+ years of work experience. Does CMA require any work experience?
missblair
#2 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 4:23:48 PM

Yes, it's 24 months of practical work experience related to management accounting I believe.
g93
#3 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 4:44:06 PM

Quote:
Once you have passed the Entrance Exam, CMA Ontario requires you to acquire two years of practical experience relevant to the management accounting profession. Previous Canadian experience may qualify. The guidelines are outlined through the following link: www.cma-ontario.org/work

gassergasser
#4 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 5:41:26 PM

I want to be a CMA, thanks for the info!
Applied
Accepted
DENIED

University of Mississippi - Accounting
University of Toronto - Rotman Commerce @Chestnut
University of Waterloo - Math/CA[Alternate]BMath Co-op
University of Waterloo - Biotech/Economics

Attending(Fall 2013): Ole Miss (University of Mississippi)

studentofcommerce
#5 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 9:55:37 PM

g93 wrote:
Quote:
Once you have passed the Entrance Exam, CMA Ontario requires you to acquire two years of practical experience relevant to the management accounting profession. Previous Canadian experience may qualify. The guidelines are outlined through the following link: www.cma-ontario.org/work

Who is going to hire us? It's really hard to find an accounting job after undergrad.

Can anyone help give more info?

Thanks.
g93
#6 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 10:05:24 PM

studentofcommerce wrote:
g93 wrote:
Quote:

Who is going to hire us? It's really hard to find an accounting job after undergrad.

Thanks.

There are many places you can work. You can work in industry, you can work in public practice.

Lots of places will hire CMAs, or any of the designations.

http://careers.cma-ontar...ensationSurvey_2009.pdf

Check out the salary report. It includes information about pay, where people work (industry type and geographical areas), # of years of employment, etc. It's really good information if you spend some time looking at it.

There is also an employment connection where you can search for jobs through the CMA website.

I don't know if that answers your question or not.
studentofcommerce
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:39:19 AM

g93 wrote:
studentofcommerce wrote:
g93 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.

There are many places you can work. You can work in industry, you can work in public practice.

Lots of places will hire CMAs, or any of the designations.

http://careers.cma-ontar...ensationSurvey_2009.pdf

Check out the salary report. It includes information about pay, where people work (industry type and geographical areas), # of years of employment, etc. It's really good information if you spend some time looking at it.

There is also an employment connection where you can search for jobs through the CMA website.

I don't know if that answers your question or not.

Yeah I know CMA can get jobs, but I'm asking like you know how you said CMA require 2 years of work experience before we do that. Can a university grad get accounting jobs? I doubt firms will hire university graduates.

then how are we going to fulfill CMA's 2 year work experience requirement?
g93
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:12:17 AM

Most firms or businesses love co-op students. They get tax breaks and they are cheap labour. And some are looking for intelligent people who can learn the ropes early and then later fulfill an important role in their company.
Conversation Jump