Browse Our Top Categories

SFU Applications - Help! Options ▼
vc1995
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:21:24 AM

Hello,

I have recently gotten an email from SFU saying that my admission offer has been rescinded because my averages were deemed "below the competitive average" for both my primary and secondary choice faculties.

However, I currently have a 85% total average in the first two terms and the requirement for my faculty is a 82% average.

I am confused as to why they are rejecting me even though I have higher marks than the requirement.

P.S: Do they look at term 3 marks as well? I have higher term 3 marks.
MyTi36x
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 2:01:38 PM

vc1995 wrote:
Hello,

I have recently gotten an email from SFU saying that my admission offer has been rescinded because my averages were deemed "below the competitive average" for both my primary and secondary choice faculties.

However, I currently have a 85% total average in the first two terms and the requirement for my faculty is a 82% average.

I am confused as to why they are rejecting me even though I have higher marks than the requirement.

P.S: Do they look at term 3 marks as well? I have higher term 3 marks.

O_o. I dont get it. So you originally gained admission to SFU and now they're revoking you? Thats impossible because the conditional average is 70% and they dont see your final grades until July... so there is no way they'd revoke uou now...
UBC Sauder School of Business '17
vc1995
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 2:12:34 PM

I got an early admission to SFU in around March or April.

If they determine whether you get in or not by strictly looking at one term, I am in awe.
vivbri
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 3:16:20 PM

Talk to SFU admissions as soon as possible. Find out in details what has happened to your application. Ask them what you can do to get "re-accepted". Good luck.
MyTi36x
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 3:38:46 PM

vc1995 wrote:
I got an early admission to SFU in around March or April.

If they determine whether you get in or not by strictly looking at one term, I am in awe.

Okay, here let me clarify how admission process works at SFU.

You self report your Term 1 grades for early admission. If you receive early admission, great. If not, you self report (update) your marks in Term 2 for regular admission. Regular admission is anywhere from April thru end of May.

Now you say you got admission around March/April. So I'm assuming it's with your Term 2 marks (doesn't really matter, you got in). They don't revoke you at this point unless they saw a large discrepancy between your self reported and Ministry grades (i.e. verifying that you didn't bullsh't about your grades). Now if you didn't, you should have received a confirmed offer by email approx 2 weeks ago from SFU Enrollment Services that they have verified your self reported grades and conditions to retain your offer to start your program in September 2013.

SFU determines whether you get in with either your Term 1 or Term 2 marks (whichever is higher). Once you're in... there's really no reason for them to revoke your offer.

Anyways, call SFU (or even take a trip there if you're committed) and ask them what happened.
UBC Sauder School of Business '17
Conversation Jump