Browse Our Top Categories

69 Pages «<3031323334>»
MAC HealthSci 2012 Uni Supp App Options ▼
Carter14
#621 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 9:53:57 AM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 1/27/2012
Posts: 13
What happens if you just really really messed up one of the questions on the application, should i just quit thinking i vcan get in?
Carter14
#622 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 1:08:19 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 1/27/2012
Posts: 13
fxoqxc wrote:
Carter14 wrote:
What happens if you just really really messed up one of the questions on the application, should i just quit thinking i vcan get in?

post your answer and i'll be the judge =P



On question 2 I put four words instead of one four letter word
PJ
#623 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 1:43:59 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 12/2/2010
Posts: 27
LJustin wrote:
JBoy wrote:
I 'see' Out of applicants from last year and so on receive admission offers during March, but the admission officer in Mcmaster denies that. She says all receive offers/rejections during May.

What is true?

And, as you know we have sent 1st term marks, but among those grades, are only required courses considered to calculate average?


Out of province applicants receive offers in March (Andrew would be better suited to confirm this), but that was how it was like last year.

The required courses + your other highest marks make up the top 6 and become your average.


Ontario high school applicants to the Health Sciences Program do not receive offers until the end of the first week of May typically. Applicants from outside of this pool (i.e. Out-of-province, international applicants) may receive offers beginning the end of March early April once we have enough grade data avaialble for them to make a decision. Hope this clears up any confusion.
Paula Johnson
Assistant Director, Student Recruitment
Enrolment Services, McMaster University
PJ
#624 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 1:48:10 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 12/2/2010
Posts: 27
fairytaled wrote:
Does Mac recalculate everybody's average in April? I know that the people who don't have a 90% average before April are automatically rejected, but can be put back in the applicant pool by request if they contact the admissions office. What about everybody else? Does Mac take the time to recalculate everybody's average and rejected people who don't have a 90%+ average? Even if they were going to be admitted based on their supp app?

Sorry if this has already been asked!


Applicants who have an average well below the minimum 90% required for consideration for admission to the BHSc program are contacted in March so that they can consider other options either at McMaster or elsewhere. We also let any applicant who did not submit a completed supplementary application form by the deadline that they are not longer being considered for the program.
All applicants have their averages re-calculated once the next set of grades are made available via the OUAC in April. We try to get the most complete picture of each applicant prior to making admission decisions.
Paula Johnson
Assistant Director, Student Recruitment
Enrolment Services, McMaster University
syed95
#625 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 4:11:17 PM
Rank: Frosh




Joined: 11/13/2011
Posts: 48
Victorinox wrote:
Hey guys, I would like to bring your attention to the latest Mcmaster CUDO statistics, from last year. The entrance averages for health science and artsci are simply ridiculous.

http://www.mcmaster.ca/a...20102011/20102011B.html

Scroll down to the other degrees, which include only health science and artsci.

Percent who received an entering average of 95%+ 68.6%
Percent who received an entering average between 90% and 94% 31.4%
Overall average 95.5%

Behold the monstrosity. Really? 95.5% average entrance grade? No program in Canada is justified to have it that high. Frankly, after seeing that, I'm starting to doubt the "above 90% and supp app is whats most important" notion.

Oh, and I'm certain the art sci entrance averages are dragging down that 95.5%. I'm wiling to bet that the entrance average for health sci alone is ~96-97%.


Yes, but an applicant with a high 90% average will most likely write a better sup app (based on individual thinking) than an applicant with a low 90% average. The applicant with a high 90% will probably have a mid to high 90 in english as well, which I think is that base to writing a strong supp app.
Applied to:

York University: Kinesiology/Health Sciences Accepted
York University: Biology Accepted
University of Toronto - Mississauga: Life Sciences Accepted
McMaster University: Health Sciences Rejected
McMaster University: Life Sciences Accepted

Top 6 Average: 93.5% (SPH4U0, SCH4U0, SBI4U0, MCV4U0, ENG4U0, FSF4U0)
LJustin
#626 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 5:45:46 PM
Rank: Senior Student


Joined: 10/30/2011
Posts: 235
Carter14 wrote:
fxoqxc wrote:
Carter14 wrote:
What happens if you just really really messed up one of the questions on the application, should i just quit thinking i vcan get in?

post your answer and i'll be the judge =P



On question 2 I put four words instead of one four letter word


Ouch ... not sure what they're gonna do about that ...

Still no one posted their supp eh ..
JBoy
#627 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 3:29:00 PM
Rank: Frosh




Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 38



I will post if I get accepted. LOL!

Is Mcmaster Health Science really popular in Ontario? Because it is not that known in BC LOL
andrewk512
#628 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 6:17:44 PM
Rank: Student Council




Joined: 1/4/2011
Posts: 356
JBoy wrote:

I will post if I get accepted. LOL!

Is Mcmaster Health Science really popular in Ontario? Because it is not that known in BC LOL

BC: "Oh, you're getting a bachelors of science?" "No, bachelors of health science, at McMaster" "Ah, must be some new sort of thing."

Ontario: "What?! Health sci?! If my daughter was a few years younger I'd get you to marry her!"

;.;
McMaster Medicine 2017
McMaster Bachelor of Health Science 2014
I do not visit this forum regularly enough to answer PMs anymore, sorry.
JBoy
#629 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 7:05:07 PM
Rank: Frosh




Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 38
andrewk512 wrote:
JBoy wrote:

I will post if I get accepted. LOL!

Is Mcmaster Health Science really popular in Ontario? Because it is not that known in BC LOL

BC: "Oh, you're getting a bachelors of science?" "No, bachelors of health science, at McMaster" "Ah, must be some new sort of thing."

Ontario: "What?! Health sci?! If my daughter was a few years younger I'd get you to marry her!"

;.;


THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL
CyanicSparrow
#630 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:28:05 AM
Rank: Senior Student




Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 135
PJ wrote:
fairytaled wrote:
Does Mac recalculate everybody's average in April? I know that the people who don't have a 90% average before April are automatically rejected, but can be put back in the applicant pool by request if they contact the admissions office. What about everybody else? Does Mac take the time to recalculate everybody's average and rejected people who don't have a 90%+ average? Even if they were going to be admitted based on their supp app?

Sorry if this has already been asked!


Applicants who have an average well below the minimum 90% required for consideration for admission to the BHSc program are contacted in March so that they can consider other options either at McMaster or elsewhere. We also let any applicant who did not submit a completed supplementary application form by the deadline that they are not longer being considered for the program.
All applicants have their averages re-calculated once the next set of grades are made available via the OUAC in April. We try to get the most complete picture of each applicant prior to making admission decisions.



I think that answers your question.
Bachelor of Health Sciences '16
McMaster University
JBoy
#631 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 4:57:43 PM
Rank: Frosh




Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 38
batman

Do any Out-of-province applicants receive their offers yet lol
cuteshorty73
#632 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:46:10 AM
Rank: Frosh




Joined: 3/17/2012
Posts: 39
Do most Health Sci students live in Mary Keyes?
McMaster University 2016
Bachelor of Health Sciences


Holla
inthemaking
#633 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:01:50 AM
Rank: Student Body President


Joined: 12/13/2010
Posts: 1,184
cuteshorty73 wrote:
Do most Health Sci students live in Mary Keyes?


A lot of them do (or in Les Prince) because you're guaranteed a single with a 95%+ admission average, and most of those students are health scis. I lived in Keyes in 1st year and a lot of my classmates did too.
McMaster Bachelor of Health Sciences 2011
U of Guelph-OVC Doctor of Veterinary Medicine 2015
ericz58
#634 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:02:04 PM
Rank: Frosh


Joined: 1/7/2012
Posts: 20
This is for fourth year health sci students:
Did any of you read our essays yet? If not, do you know when you will be? If yes, how were they? :)
McMaster Health Sciences-ACCEPTED!
McMaster Life Sciences-accepted
Western Biomed-accepted
Queen's Science-accepted
U of T Life Sciences-accepted
Waterloo Life Science-accepted
LJustin
#635 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 7:32:48 PM
Rank: Senior Student


Joined: 10/30/2011
Posts: 235
fxoqxc wrote:
anyone wanna post their apps? so i know where i stand? heh =D

Après vous.

:D
LJustin
#636 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 10:20:41 PM
Rank: Senior Student


Joined: 10/30/2011
Posts: 235
@ CyanicSparrow:

I really liked both of your responses.

You found a really good way to weave in some of the things you do outside of school in both, and used good examples to support what it has taught you.

Your word was definitely unique, and your argument was really well presented.

I think you read mine a while back .. or was that someone else ...

Anyway, really well done, but I thought your second response in particular could have been better if you used a personal example and your other ones. I see your third one is very personal, so I doubt it'll matter because you covered all your bases.
LJustin
#637 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:27:01 AM
Rank: Senior Student


Joined: 10/30/2011
Posts: 235
fxoqxc wrote:
LJustin wrote:
@ CyanicSparrow:

I really liked both of your responses.

You found a really good way to weave in some of the things you do outside of school in both, and used good examples to support what it has taught you.

Your word was definitely unique, and your argument was really well presented.

I think you read mine a while back .. or was that someone else ...

Anyway, really well done, but I thought your second response in particular could have been better if you used a personal example and your other ones. I see your third one is very personal, so I doubt it'll matter because you covered all your bases.

where's cyanicsparrow's application?? o.O

or was it PMed only?

No. They posted here for a while then removed it.
CyanicSparrow
#638 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:59:37 PM
Rank: Senior Student




Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 135
LJustin wrote:
@ CyanicSparrow:

I really liked both of your responses.

You found a really good way to weave in some of the things you do outside of school in both, and used good examples to support what it has taught you.

Your word was definitely unique, and your argument was really well presented.

I think you read mine a while back .. or was that someone else ...

Anyway, really well done, but I thought your second response in particular could have been better if you used a personal example and your other ones. I see your third one is very personal, so I doubt it'll matter because you covered all your bases.


Thanks! I glad you liked it.

Yeah, I didn't try and get personal with my second question because I thought my first and third already were personal enough. I also wanted one of them to be purely formal in a sense, so I thought I would make my four-letter word purely arguementative.
Bachelor of Health Sciences '16
McMaster University
LJustin
#639 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:13:24 PM
Rank: Senior Student


Joined: 10/30/2011
Posts: 235
fxoqxc wrote:
CyanicSparrow wrote:
LJustin wrote:
@ CyanicSparrow:

I really liked both of your responses.

You found a really good way to weave in some of the things you do outside of school in both, and used good examples to support what it has taught you.

Your word was definitely unique, and your argument was really well presented.

I think you read mine a while back .. or was that someone else ...

Anyway, really well done, but I thought your second response in particular could have been better if you used a personal example and your other ones. I see your third one is very personal, so I doubt it'll matter because you covered all your bases.


Thanks! I glad you liked it.

Yeah, I didn't try and get personal with my second question because I thought my first and third already were personal enough. I also wanted one of them to be purely formal in a sense, so I thought I would make my four-letter word purely arguementative.

can i read yours through PM?


Let us know what you think ... if you get the chance to read it.
futuredoc
#640 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:32:07 PM
Rank: Senior Student




Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 218
ericz58 wrote:
This is for fourth year health sci students:
Did any of you read our essays yet? If not, do you know when you will be? If yes, how were they? :)


4th years will begin reading over supp apps tomorrow
McMaster University Bachelor of Health Sciences 2015
69 Pages «<3031323334>»
Conversation Jump  

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
Copyright © 2003-2014 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 1998-2014 StudentAwards All rights reserved.