Browse Our Top Categories

Here are the high school averages of first-year students, for all universities in Ontario Options ▼
Terrl
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:43:46 AM

Section B3, for that data:

http://www.cou.on.ca/statistics/cudo.aspx

Just posting this because I see a lot of "what are my chances of getting in?" questions posted here, use this to compare your average with the one of the specific university and type of program you are applying for.
aquarius
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:38:13 AM

Nothing on Macmaster entrance average !!
Meridian
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:51:09 AM

Ya - it is there --- you have to scroll down

http://www.mcmaster.ca/a.../20092010/20092010B.html
Terrl
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:48:05 PM

Bump, for the people that don't know about this.
erudite
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:17:43 PM

Lol at the fact that 13% of first yr York students live on campus and 39% of UofT students live on campus. Interesting. :P
Infieer
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:29:17 PM

These are the final gr12 marks though, which are probably lower than the acceptance averages.
gleefan
#7 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 12:07:45 AM

This was awesome :) only school im a tad worried about is Queens!
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
NeptuniumTrioxide
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:07:08 PM

never mind, thanks for the info
compress compress compress
NeptuniumTrioxide
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:08:31 PM

im going to make this much easier for everyone. here's a list of the average secondary students grade that got into each university. (ex. the average kid who got into York had an 80.1 average in school)

85.8% average McMaster
77. 5% average university of Ontario institute of tech
83% average university of Guelph
80.1% average university of York
86.2% average university of waterloo
86.8% average university of western Ontario
84% average university of Toronto
81.6% average Ryerson University
88.5% average university of queens

i still think University of Toronto is best. its one of the only 2 universities in Canada to be in the AAU (Association of american universities). its also the most funded university in Canada and part of the U15 (Most funded universities in Canada). its known as the "GPA KILLER" and "the second highest rated university in Canada, based on global rankings" and always comes in the 20's and 30's in the list of the best universities in the world. just good advice for anyone going in the sciences.
aetteer
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:35:23 PM

NeptuniumTrioxide wrote:
im going to make this much easier for everyone. here's a list of the average secondary students grade that got into each university. (ex. the average kid who got into York had an 80.1 average in school)

85.8% average McMaster
77. 5% average university of Ontario institute of tech
83% average university of Guelph
80.1% average university of York
86.2% average university of waterloo
86.8% average university of western Ontario
84% average university of Toronto
81.6% average Ryerson University
88.5% average university of queens

i still think University of Toronto is best. its one of the only 2 universities in Canada to be in the AAU (Association of american universities). its also the most funded university in Canada and part of the U15 (Most funded universities in Canada). its known as the "GPA KILLER" and "the second highest rated university in Canada, based on global rankings" and always comes in the 20's and 30's in the list of the best universities in the world. just good advice for anyone going in the sciences.

That UofT average is for all 3 campuses though, not just St. George.
NeptuniumTrioxide
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:56:51 AM

Ya, it actually makes a big difference. the average for ST. George is 85.8% while Mississauga is 81.2% and Scarborough 81.7%. i don't get it? i get how university of Toronto came to be famous today involved in so many prestigious programs like AAU but how did it become famous with people entering it with such crapty grades, im lost here?
thank god im applying to St. George
iliketurtles
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:00:17 AM

NeptuniumTrioxide wrote:
Ya, it actually makes a big difference. the average for ST. George is 85.8% while Mississauga is 81.2% and Scarborough 81.7%. i don't get it? i get how university of Toronto came to be famous today involved in so many prestigious programs like AAU but how did it become famous with people entering it with such crapty grades, im lost here?

Entrance averages have little to do with the reputation of a school on the scale U of T is famous on. U of T is famous because its researchers make lots and lots of publications and discoveries. This means it attracts some of the best researchers and professors from all over the world. This is why it has such a good reputation as a university.
Also, U of T accepts so many people because they need to pump money into their research and whatnot. The students at the undergrad level have very little to do with the reputation of the entire school.
Waterloo Mechanical Engineering '17
Applied:
McGill :) :( :( :(
Western :)
Ivey :(
U of T :) :)
Waterloo :) :) :)
aetteer
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:31:45 AM

NeptuniumTrioxide wrote:

It also depends on the program. Arts, Physical Education, etc. bring it down a lot. For example, the average for science is 86.6% at St. George (vs 85.1% at Waterloo). It also has the highest average for engineering, at 89.6% (2nd is Waterloo at 89.0%).
mynameismattgotmlgo
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:14:48 PM

iliketurtles wrote:
NeptuniumTrioxide wrote:

Entrance averages have little to do with the reputation of a school on the scale U of T is famous on. U of T is famous because its researchers make lots and lots of publications and discoveries. This means it attracts some of the best researchers and professors from all over the world. This is why it has such a good reputation as a university.
Also, U of T accepts so many people because they need to pump money into their research and whatnot. The students at the undergrad level have very little to do with the reputation of the entire school.

Bingo!
BMSc Honours Specialization in Medical Science, Minor in Psychology, UWO '09
Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Alberta '13 - Drop out as of '11
University Certificate in Finance, Athabasca University '12
Power Engineering Certificate, NAIT '14
Conversation Jump