10 Ways to Get “Geared Up” for School
Why is my alarm going off? It’s only 6 o’clock! Wait a minute…what day is it? Does school start today? Don’t let this happen to you! Get prepared and pumped for the new school year. Here are my top 10 ways to get “geared up” for school:
10. First of all, enjoy your summer. Do everything on your “to-do” list, so you’re ready to go back to school with some great stories about your awesome summer.
9. Brush up your resume and update it with all of your achievements from the past year. This way you’ll have a head start on any job opportunities that might pop-up during the school year.
8. If you don’t have a cell phone yet, consider getting one - it can really come in handy to in certain situations (Umm.. I’ve locked my keys in the car again…). Make sure you do your research, and find a call plan that works for you. Don’t leave this to the last minute, as you need to learn all the cool tricks that come with your phone - and I’m sure you can’t wait to show off your new ringtone!
7. Who doesn’t like shopping? Call up some of your friends; go to the mall and get some back-to-school clothes. Don’t overspend (even if those jeans feel like they’re made for you) and give yourself a budget for the day. Most malls have back-to-school sidewalk sales, so keep your eyes and ears open and head out early to beat the crowds!
6. If it’s in the budget, I recommend that you consider buying a laptop (this is my next big purchase this summer…yikes!). Not only does the portability factor make it great for study groups, but they’re also better for the environment as they generally consume less energy than desktop models. Try not to spend money on gadgets or software you won’t use.
5. A huge way to jumpstart your school year, believe it or not, is to re-read your notes from last year’s classes, as most teachers don’t allow time for review. I hope you’re not saying, “You mean we weren’t supposed to throw those away?” No matter how horrible you thought a class was, you need to keep some key notes so you’re not sitting in the first week of class playing catch-up while the professor moves forward with new material.
4. Imagine going into school without a binder, paper, or pen and having to borrow from your classmate - it’s definitely not a good way to start! Buy your back-to-school supplies early, and be well prepared for the school year.
3. Why not try something new? Give yourself a make-over and try a new haircut, hair colour or highlights. It’s a new year, so get pumped for it by showing off a new look!
2. Plan a final farewell party with your friends before you all go your separate ways. You won’t see your friends as much now that you are all going to different schools (for the most part) so you need to have a party and do all your favourite things together. This way, you can relive all the fun times you had, and create a few new memories that you can take with you to school.
1. This might sound cliché but the most important way to get geared up for the coming school year is to acquire the right attitude. You can buy as many things as you want, but if you’re not looking forward to going back to school (…not another year…I don’t want to go back…etc.), then you won’t enjoy it as much. Take on a positive attitude and you’ll feel better about summer ending and school starting. This is free…so take advantage of it!
Ok, so that’s my top 10 ways to get “geared up” for school. Summer is almost over, so make the best of what’s left. Good luck and I hope you have great school year!
Rate This Article
To post a comment or rating, you must LOGIN if you’re an existing Studentawards member OR SIGN UP if you’re new to this site.
this is great it makes sense :)|
Posted on Aug 09, 2011 at 05:05
||results per page