Browse Our Top Categories

Waterloo vs. Queens vs. Western Options ▼
ayjaaay
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 1:26:07 AM

Which one has better school spirit? Or which one is the better school in general? I applied to all three schools but I don't know which one to go to. bounce
g93
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 10:08:34 AM

Definitely not Waterloo. The school spirit here isn't terrible, but it's nothing like Queen's or Western.

Queen's and Western both have great school spirit. If I had to guess, I'd say Western has better school spirit.
TheConsultant
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 11:05:30 AM

well there used to be a site called utours.ca that had campus tours and graded every aspect of uni, academics nightlife, how hot the girls are etc, Queen's had the highest school spirit and western was a close second. Queen's really old and it has a deep history and culture that stems from its Scottish heritage so we have some serious spirit. You cant go wrong with either queens or western.

Even though the 2 schools have a deep rivalry, i fell like they are very similar schools. Both schools are fairly good for all faculties however its the Business program at both schools that's the shinning star. They both have fun spirit and a party atmosphere and generally the students at both are wealthier and more Caucasian, however both are fairly diverse so i wouldn't worry about it.
mynameismattgotmlgo
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:41:36 PM

^ There's your answer.
BMSc Honours Specialization in Medical Science, Minor in Psychology, UWO '09
Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Alberta '13 - Drop out as of '11
University Certificate in Finance, Athabasca University '12
Power Engineering Certificate, NAIT '14
Lite
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:11:19 PM

Queens' has the best school spirit, then Western, then Waterloo.
taiwen
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:56:06 PM

I live in the waterloo region and it does not have the best school spirit n comparison to queens university and Western. I have to admit I am bias when I say Western has the best spirit because I go there but the O-week experience was amazing and unforgettable. We are acknowledged for having the best student experience during o-week in Canada. We study hard, we play hard. But not to be too biased, Queens as an amazing atmosphere too. They are also very traditional and my friends love it there. It was my second choice and it does have a great beach but in London, we have so much stuff going on in the city and on campus as it is a bigger city and closer to all the attractions. No matter where you go, you'll end up meeting fantastic people that you love.:)
newkidontheblock
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2012 3:02:48 AM

Queen's hands down.
Fans at 2009 Yates Cup
http://www.youtube.com/w...pP0&feature=related oil thigh at 0:20
2011 homecoming half-time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LizGED3SL4E
frosh week 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pl0imIuULk
heesoup
#8 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 9:08:18 AM

WESTERN WESTERN WESTERN U
We even have our own song :P
The University of Western Ontario '15
Political Science
tukr
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 9:40:21 PM

heesoup wrote:
WESTERN WESTERN WESTERN U
We even have our own song :P

Oil thigh anyone? Hahaha
rushlog
#10 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2012 11:59:46 PM

Definitely Western. Western has been rated Number 1 School for Best Student experience consecutively year after year for a reason. From EVERYONE dressing up in purple (even local bars, banks, malls and London locals) for homecoming - one that is actually official, unlike Queen's cancelled homecoming for two consecutive years in a row now.

Also Western's O-Week is the best experience for an incoming frosh, the sense of pride in representing your school, from the five day and night packed days of events to concerts all over campus, I remember cheering and my face-paint during o-week like yesterday.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGEwbc8milU)

From the ivy covered limestone buildings that make up the campus, to sing-a-longs in the campus' pub, to watching the sun set on UC Hill, Western is rooted in history, tradition, and with that, comes a boisterous sense of pride and love.
Everybody at Western, no matter who you talk to, loves Western. It's only the people who don't go to Western who can't experience what we get to.

What other school would have it's own "reality" tv show?
(http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2011/12/29/raunchy-comedy-stirs-controversy-at-western/)

But here's the best part - no matter who you are, where you came from, what program or what residence you are in - Western's school spirit is arises from our deep and tight-knit community.

The University of Western Ontario

- Class of 2010 -
Conversation Jump