Browse Our Top Categories

38 Pages 123>»
Studentawards “When I Grow Up, I want to be a...” Contest CLOSED Options ▼
AD87
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:08:44 PM

Studentawards “When I Grow Up, I want to be a...” Contest

A few years ago, would you have predicted you’d be enrolled (or enrolling) in your current field of study? Do you know what you want to be doing five years from now? Ten years? We want to know where you see yourselves down the road. Share your goals in the Studentawards “When I Grow Up, I want to be a...” Contest

We want to know what you’re doing now, where you see yourself in the next 5 years, and 10 years! Share your timeline with us and you could win one of five (1/5) $100 cash prizes!

Contest ends Feb 6, 2012

To enter the "When I Grow Up, I want to be a... ", here's what you need to do in 3 simple steps:

1. LOGIN to your *Studentawards account OR if you are new to this website, create a new account by clicking here.
2. After logging in, return back here – The When I Grow Up, I want to be a... Contest

3. Post your response to the following question in this thread:

Right now I am: (in High School, College, University, Working)
In five years, I will be:
In ten years, I will be:

Happy Postings and Good Luck! We will e-mail the winners at the beginning of February

Questions? Contact us at info.forum@studentawards.com

* “Studentawards account” refers to an account that is registered on the Studentawards Scholarship
website (http://www.studentawards.com).
nhesp
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:34:33 PM

Right now I am: in High School
In five years, I will be: finishing up my midwifery degree
In ten years, I will be: a registered midwife in Ontario
Bry2202
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:36:18 PM

Right now I am: In University
In five years, I will be: Graduated from the Dalhousie College of Pharmacy and working somewhere in Canada as a Pharmacist or Pharmaceutical Rep.
In ten years, I will be: hopefully well paid and still working hard.
jen87
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:37:03 PM

When I grow up I want to be a .....
10 years - Travel agent or an owner of my own Bed, Bale & Breakfast.
5 years - I the mean time I am aiming for Administrative Assistant
hana121
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:37:50 PM

When I grow up, I want to be a midwife :)

Right now I am finishing my last semester of high school trying to keep top marks
In 5 years I hope to be finishing up my midwifery degree
In ten years I hope to be employed at a midwifery clinic working with mothers and their newborns cat
tasha2170
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:38:26 PM

Right now I am: in high school
In five years, I will be: in my last year of Memorial University
In ten years, I will be: a pharmacist
Roborat
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:39:58 PM

Right now I'm at Carleton University in my first year of a Bachelors of Commerce.
In 5 years, I'll have just graduated and will be starting a job in the marketing field
In 10 years, I will be running my own marketing firm

PhotographGirl
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:41:15 PM

Right now I: have already graduated from a college of animation, and about to graduate from a college of video game design.
In 5 years: I would like to be working at a video game/ animation studio gaining experience and making a name for myself.
In 10 years: I will be doing character design and working on a show based on my own characters and storyline.
drewbov
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:41:43 PM

Right now I am: In University at Waterloo
In five years, I will be: Starting my career in policing with the OPP
In ten years, I will be: Either a detective or a leader in my respective police force
armyguy6
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:42:29 PM

When I grow up, I want to be a Criminal Investigator with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I am currently studying a Bachelor of Arts at Saint Mary's University, with a double major in Criminology and Sociology, with a Minor in History! (I am in first year).

Right Now: I am currently a Student, studing a BA double Major in Crim & Soc, with a Minor in History
in 5 Years: I want to be completed University, and approaching completion of my RCMP Depot training
In 10 Years: I would like to be working as a police officer in the traffic department, putting in my time towards working in the Major Crime unit, as a detective.

One of the major things I have refused to let go of in life, that many of my friends have, is that I refuse to stop having fun while in university. I organize little events such as scuba diving, motorcycle race clubs, and were planning on sky diving this summer. Yes, university is hard, and full of study, but if you stop living for 4 years, then thats when you start to hate your life, and regret being there in the first place. To be successful, I want to always love what I'm doing, and i think im pretty successful on that level.
SkateDee
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:45:32 PM

When I grow up I want to be a psychiatrist. This September I will be taking a major at Dalhousie
In five years I'll hopefully just starting in either medicine or Psychiatry
In 10 Years I'll just be finishing university
Destiny Nickerson
armyguy6
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:47:58 PM

SkateDee wrote:
When I grow up I want to be a psychiatrist. This September I will be taking a major at Dalhousie

Im just down the street at SMU! If you ever have any questions about University life, shoot me a PM. Goodluck!
napinhei
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:49:10 PM

Right now I am...

Right now I am looking for work, having withdrawn after the first semester of a college diploma program – with a 4.0 GPA – because I only recently realised what my true passion is.

In five years, I will be...

In five years I will have recently graduated from the University of Waterloo with a Bachelor of Arts in Rhetoric and Professional Writing – one of the Honours English degrees offered by Waterloo – with a specialization in Digital Media Studies. Having graduated by that time, I will also be looking to enroll in Waterloo’s Experimental Digital Media M.A. program.

In ten years, I will be...

In ten years I will be a writer for a major computing, electronics, communications, or gaming company. Examples of such companies that I am interested in working for include Microsoft, RIM, Google, EA, Rockstar, etc. By that time I will also have pursued other avenues of writing such as manuscript editing, and even fiction writing in my spare time.
Communication Studies │ Laurier '16

Plans for the Future...
Wilfrid Laurier University │ Class of 2016
Bachelor of Arts, Honours
Communication Studies (Co-op)
Minor in Cultural Studies

University of Waterloo │ Class of 2017
Master of Digital Experience Innovation

Application for Fall 2012...

University of Waterloo Honours Arts: English [Unconditional Offer]
Wilfrid Laurier University Honours Arts: English [Unconditional Offer] -> [Accepted offer, but transferred into Communication Studies]
University of Guelph Honours Arts: English [Unconditional Offer]
Zaxis
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:50:11 PM

Right now I am: University
In five years, I will be: A performing artist
In ten years, I will be: An international performing artist
Zaxis
NikkiOkeefe
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:50:27 PM

When I grow up I hope to be a police officer.

Right now: I am enrolled in an accelerated Police Foundations program. I am a mother of two beautiful children and am working my butt off to become successful.
5 years from now: I hope to be on a police service, serving a community and help making it a safer place
10 years from now: I hope to still be serving a police service,maybe getting higher on the totem pole, be married and continue to help keep people safe
nymphetinrepose
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:54:24 PM

Right now I am: in University, obtaining my B.A. in Psychology from the University of Ottawa. Only 16 months until graduation!
In five years, I will be: Working as a Psychological Research Assitant in a Toronto Hospital, with both a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Ottawa and a M.Sc in Evolutionary Psychology from Brunel University in Uxbridge, England, where I spent a year after my undergrad.
In ten years, I will be: Obtaining a Ph.D. from the University of Toronto in order to expand my research in Psychology from working on the ideas of others, to coming up with my own theories to publish. I will also hopefully be teaching Psychology classes at the University of Toronto at this time and will be in line for a full-time professor position.
B.A. Honours with Specialization in Psychology, Class of 2013
City University London - M.Sc in Human-Centered Systems, Class of 2014
wire211
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:58:01 PM

When I grow up...
I am currently finishing up grade 12 and plan to go to Toronto for university to study pastry arts, cakes and confectionary arts!

In five years I hope to have finished my confectionary arts school and cakes school! Have gone to Italy to learn pastry arts from the source as well as to France!

In ten years I hope to have my own bakery that sells French and Italian pastries as well as cakes. Wedding cakes, birthday cakes you name it! I would love to have it cafe style with local bands and hot chocolate, coffee and tea! Maybe even have a tv show :)
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
kelseykrahenbil
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:01:21 PM

Right now, I am taking Elementary Education at the University of Alberta. I am getting a minor in Elementary Psychology.

In five years, I will be just finishing up my master's degree in Speech Language Pathology, and finding a job working with children.

In ten years, I will be a successful business woman, with a beautiful home and children, and I will be continuing my learning through my work, in another country.
sunofeasternbirth
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:07:04 PM

Right now I am: in High School
In five years, I will be: working in a bakery, with plans to open my own one day, and perhaps doing interior painting, or theater on the side.
In ten years, I will be: hopefully running my own bakery, with my fiancee, making delicious treats, and personalized cakes, while keeping alive my passion of the stage when I can. Where ever I go in the next ten years, I am sure it will be exactly where I want to be.
ashleyarguin
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:14:39 PM

I want to be a psychriatrist or psychoanalyst. I will go to the uofs next year and study there for probably 6 years then hopefully open my own clinic somewhere in BC.
38 Pages 123>»
Conversation Jump