Browse Our Top Categories

32 Pages «<1819202122>»
2012 Schulich BBA/iBBA Acceptances Options ▼
VivekanJey
#381 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:30:59 PM

Hey guys just wondering what ur grade 11 and first semester grade 12 averages were for the first round of acceptances cuz I wanna see what the lowet average accepted SO FAR was ... I got an 89.5 avg last sem with english, adv functions, accounting, and data (english killing me) but as of right now my avg is much higher .. unfortunately Schulich won't be able to see that at the moment

Thanks ahead, just curious I would've really liked an acceptance coming outta march break!!
Applied to:
AFM CA Co-Op [Accepted to FM]
Schulich BBA
UTSC Co-Op Management [Accepted]
Rotman Commerce [Accepted]
Laurier BBA and Waterloo Honours in Math Co-Op [Accepted]
Laurier BBA/Financial Math [Accepted]
cocoappleli
#382 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:39:51 PM

VivekanJey wrote:
Hey guys just wondering what ur grade 11 and first semester grade 12 averages were for the first round of acceptances cuz I wanna see what the lowet average accepted SO FAR was ... I got an 89.5 avg last sem with english, adv functions, accounting, and data (english killing me) but as of right now my avg is much higher .. unfortunately Schulich won't be able to see that at the moment

Thanks ahead, just curious I would've really liked an acceptance coming outta march break!!

My grade 12 first semester average is 91.5
Applied/[Accepted]:
York: Schulich BBA [Accepted]
UTSG: Rotman Commerce Accepted
UTSC: Co-op Management/ [Accepted]
UTM: Commerce/ [Accepted]
York: Psychology/ [Accepted]
cocoappleli
#383 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:40:35 PM

Pawnee wrote:
Who did you guys get your reference letters from?

One of mine is from a person from a church that I volunteer at, and another one is from Sunnybrook Hospital, which is another place I volunteer at.
Applied/[Accepted]:
York: Schulich BBA [Accepted]
UTSG: Rotman Commerce Accepted
UTSC: Co-op Management/ [Accepted]
UTM: Commerce/ [Accepted]
York: Psychology/ [Accepted]
Rela
#384 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:47:15 PM

accepted!

Pawnee wrote:
Who did you guys get your reference letters from?

One of my reference letters was from my math department head/AP Calc/AP Adv Functions teacher. The other one was from a VP from Hong Kong's AIG, who's also my cousin.
UBC Sauder '16

McGill University - Arts [accepted]
McGill University - Commerce [accepted]
Queens University - Commerce [accepted] - Chancellor's Recipient
Laurier/Waterloo DD - BBA/Computer Science [accepted]
University of Toronto - Commerce [accepted]
York University - Schulich BBA [accepted]
University of British Columbia - Finance [accepted] - Major Entrance Scholarship Recipient: $40,000
University of Waterloo - Math/CA [accepted]
MINTOK
#385 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:27:05 PM

Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Just got my acceptance. Someone link me to the Facebook group? :P

http://www.facebook.com/...iBBA/46021443891?ref=ts

There is going to be a different facebook group soon just for the class of 2016. That's how you can all meet during the summer before you even go for frosh. Last year I helped host a few events and it was awesome!

That sounds great. Does the faculty make it or is it a student thing?

There is going to be one event organized by admins and a few events organized by the student government. However, during the summer students are free to organize their own hang outs and meet-ups. Last year I helped organize a dinner for 40 people in June, hosted a Canada Day BBQ at the Toronto Beaches and went for God knows how many lunches with 3-6 people. :D
Windsongs4
#386 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:55:31 PM

MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

There is going to be a different facebook group soon just for the class of 2016. That's how you can all meet during the summer before you even go for frosh. Last year I helped host a few events and it was awesome!

There is going to be one event organized by admins and a few events organized by the student government. However, during the summer students are free to organize their own hang outs and meet-ups. Last year I helped organize a dinner for 40 people in June, hosted a Canada Day BBQ at the Toronto Beaches and went for God knows how many lunches with 3-6 people. :D

ooh good ideas- I shall keep that in mind for this/next year cyclops
Laurier BBA 2016

What did I apply to before? (no order):

Schulich iBBA [Accepted]
Queen's [Wait Listed]
Ivey w BMOS and Psych [Accepted]
Waterloo AFM (interviewed for Fellowship) [Accepted]
McGill -Immunology & Microbiology [Accepted]
Guelph -Food & Hotel Mngmnt. [Accepted]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Questions about the IB program? Wondering how it helps, affects, or damages your university applications? Visit http://sytywtib.blogspot.ca/ to see what a graduated Year 2 student has to say, or comment and ask questions on the different topics!
Seriye
#387 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:18:31 PM

Accepted to BBA! My references were my Economics teacher and my guidance councellor. Nothing fancy :)
Fall 2012
Applied/Accepted

Queen's Commerce
Laurier BBA
UofT - Rotman Commerce
Schulich - BBA
APartOfMe
#388 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:42:07 PM

Anyone believe I have a chance? :S

English: 93
Advanced Functions: 94 (so far) - REPEATING IN NIGHT SCHOOL
Chemistry - 78
World History - 96 (so far)
Law - 94 (so far)
Economics - 93 (so far)
Calculus - 80 (so far)

Top 6 Average would be 91.67%, so I guess I do. Decent EC's and my essays were good I think.

However, I'm hoping that repeating Advanced Functions doesn't ruin my chances, as I did horrible the first time around.

I'm actually so nervous haha.

Also, does anyone know if they would offer you BBA instead of iBBA as an alternate offer?
Thinking of Re-applying (Change in career path).

Applied to Universities:

York - iBBA [Pending]
Alternate Offer: Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, B.A.S., Spec. Hons. Administrative Studies (Management Option)
UofT - Co-OP Management and Intl Business [Pending]
Alternate Offer: University of Toronto Scarborough - Management and Economics (Pre-Program)
Brock - Co-OP Honours Business Administration [Accepted]
Ryerson - Business Management [Accepted]

First Semester Average: 80.67%
Top 6 Average: 91.83%
erudite
#389 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:51:12 PM

APartOfMe wrote:

Chemistry - 78
Law - 94 (so far)
Economics - 93 (so far)
Calculus - 80 (so far)

Top 6 Average would be 91.67%, so I guess I do. Decent EC's and my essays were good I think.

However, I'm hoping that repeating Advanced Functions doesn't ruin my chances, as I did horrible the first time around.

Also, does anyone know if they would offer you BBA instead of iBBA as an alternate offer?

Yeah definitely. I repeated my advanced functions mark. But I did it in grade 11 and repeated it in grade 12 semester 1 and i got accepted with a 91.0% avg. :)

And no they don't offer your BBA as an alternate offer.
APartOfMe
#390 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:54:39 PM

erudite wrote:
APartOfMe wrote:

Chemistry - 78
Law - 94 (so far)
Economics - 93 (so far)
Calculus - 80 (so far)

Yeah definitely. I repeated my advanced functions mark. But I did it in grade 11 and repeated it in grade 12 semester 1 and i got accepted with a 91.0% avg. :)

That's good to know. Thanks so much! I guess I should just sit and try not to think about Schulich until mid-terms then (Yea right).

Applied to Universities:

York - iBBA [Pending]
Alternate Offer: Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, B.A.S., Spec. Hons. Administrative Studies (Management Option)
Alternate Offer: University of Toronto Scarborough - Management and Economics (Pre-Program)

Rodarte
#391 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:55:05 PM

erudite wrote:
APartOfMe wrote:

Chemistry - 78
Law - 94 (so far)
Economics - 93 (so far)
Calculus - 80 (so far)

ditto on the alternate offer. Just to give you a prospect, I was accepted to iBBA with a 91.6% avg(honestly a little surprised since i thought the avg for iBBA would be higher, maybe my supp helped.) Anyways, I'm sure you'll be fine! :)
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
APartOfMe
#392 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:56:39 PM

Rodarte wrote:
erudite wrote:
APartOfMe wrote:

Chemistry - 78
Law - 94 (so far)
Economics - 93 (so far)
Calculus - 80 (so far)

ditto on the alternate offer. Just to give you a prospect, I was accepted to iBBA with a 91.6% avg(honestly a little surprised since i thought the avg for iBBA would be higher, maybe my supp helped.)

I guess so haha. My first semester average was HORRIBLE, like 82%, because I focused on getting the highest English mark I could, and should have put more effort into Advanced Functions. I really shouldn't be expecting an offer at this point, but it's like a little hope slips away each day I wait till mid-terms lool.

Applied to Universities:

York - iBBA [Pending]

MINTOK
#393 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:11:38 AM

Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

For you, it's this year :P
JumboJet
#394 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:57:22 AM

So who here is 100% set on choosing Schulich to spend the next four years? I know I am.

And for those who are still patiently awaiting their acceptance, hang in there and keep up those marks for midterms! :)

I'm looking forward to that 2016 group on Facebook and in the mean time I'll be more than happy to connect with those that will be there in September. cheers

My FB: www.facebook.com/parminder747
Schulich BBA 2016
garethdomingo
#395 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:22:47 AM

Accepted.

Avg: 94.8

Decent EC's and Essay.

But like everyone is saying, dont worry too much if you have a 90+ average, you'll probably get in in the coming weeks.
University of Western Ontario | Class of 2016

BMOS | AEO
Windsongs4
#396 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:24:04 AM

MINTOK wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

For you, it's this year :P

Fineee - THIS year/next SCHOOL year ;) :P
Laurier BBA 2016

What did I apply to before? (no order):

Schulich iBBA [Accepted]
Queen's [Wait Listed]
Ivey w BMOS and Psych [Accepted]
Waterloo AFM (interviewed for Fellowship) [Accepted]
McGill -Immunology & Microbiology [Accepted]
Guelph -Food & Hotel Mngmnt. [Accepted]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Questions about the IB program? Wondering how it helps, affects, or damages your university applications? Visit http://sytywtib.blogspot.ca/ to see what a graduated Year 2 student has to say, or comment and ask questions on the different topics!
idroptotems
#397 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:47:10 AM

kinda depressed that i didnt get in yesterday, but hoping ill get in this week :D

92 avg decent ec's +work hours
torontoeconomist
#398 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:54:35 AM

Don't be depressed. As said, I have an average of 95.2% and a good list of ECs (executives of some clubs, play in all ensembles) and still not accepted.

It can come down to a matter of luck, i.e. whose application got looked at first.

University of Toronto - Rotman Commerce

McGill University - Desautels Commerce

York University - Schulich School of Business

Ryerson University - Journalism

London School of Economics - Government with Economics
JackMcGruff
#399 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:52:24 AM

Hello all!

Quick question, out of sheer curiosity. To those accepted in the first round, did you take/are you presently taking Calculus (with Advanced Functions being somewhere in the mix)? Or did you go the Advanced Functions & Data Management route instead? Personally, I did make it in the first round having taken Advanced Functions in the previous semester and Calculus in the present, with a strong supplementary application.

Perhaps the Calculus v. Data Management debate serves as the basis for why certain applicants with mid to high averages in the 90s and strong supplementary applications did not make it in the first round, as Calculus was the "recommended" choice, unless of course I'm completely over thinking the process.
JumboJet
#400 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:03:24 AM

JackMcGruff wrote:
Hello all!

Quick question, out of sheer curiosity. To those accepted in the first round, did you take/are you presently taking Calculus (with Advanced Functions being somewhere in the mix)? Or did you go the Advanced Functions & Data Management route instead? Personally, I did make it in the first round having taken Advanced Functions in the previous semester and Calculus in the present, with a strong supplementary application.

Perhaps the Calculus v. Data Management debate serves as the basis for why certain applicants with mid to high averages in the 90s and strong supplementary applications did not make it in the first round, as Calculus was the "recommended" choice, unless of course I'm completely over thinking the process.

Perhaps there was some influence of the different maths in the early admissions. Personally, I had AF last semester and both Data and Calculus this semester.
Schulich BBA 2016
32 Pages «<1819202122>»
Conversation Jump