Browse Our Top Categories

32 Pages «<1920212223>»
2012 Schulich BBA/iBBA Acceptances Options ▼
idroptotems
#401 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:04:52 AM

JackMcGruff wrote:
Hello all!

Quick question, out of sheer curiosity. To those accepted in the first round, did you take/are you presently taking Calculus (with Advanced Functions being somewhere in the mix)? Or did you go the Advanced Functions & Data Management route instead? Personally, I did make it in the first round having taken Advanced Functions in the previous semester and Calculus in the present, with a strong supplementary application.

Perhaps the Calculus v. Data Management debate serves as the basis for why certain applicants with mid to high averages in the 90s and strong supplementary applications did not make it in the first round, as Calculus was the "recommended" choice, unless of course I'm completely over thinking the process.

I took data and advanced functions last semester/year. I think you are overthinking

I called in and they said they only assessed some of applicants yesterday, not all applicants. They've also said no more acceptances this week and the next round starts sometime in april.
torontoeconomist
#402 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:10:51 AM

idroptotems wrote:
JackMcGruff wrote:
Hello all!

Quick question, out of sheer curiosity. To those accepted in the first round, did you take/are you presently taking Calculus (with Advanced Functions being somewhere in the mix)? Or did you go the Advanced Functions & Data Management route instead? Personally, I did make it in the first round having taken Advanced Functions in the previous semester and Calculus in the present, with a strong supplementary application.

Perhaps the Calculus v. Data Management debate serves as the basis for why certain applicants with mid to high averages in the 90s and strong supplementary applications did not make it in the first round, as Calculus was the "recommended" choice, unless of course I'm completely over thinking the process.

I took data and advanced functions last semester/year. I think you are overthinking

I called in and they said they only assessed some of applicants yesterday, not all applicants. They've also said no more acceptances this week and the next round starts sometime in april.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And I have a 90+ in AP Calc and AdvFunc and a 98 in Stats so your maths subjects are probably not the case.

University of Toronto - Rotman Commerce

McGill University - Desautels Commerce

York University - Schulich School of Business

Ryerson University - Journalism

London School of Economics - Government with Economics
idroptotems
#403 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:17:13 AM

torontoeconomist wrote:
idroptotems wrote:
JackMcGruff wrote:
Hello all!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And I have a 90+ in AP Calc and AdvFunc and a 98 in Stats so your maths subjects are probably not the case.

sorry to burst your bubble :(
HassanDude
#404 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:35:37 AM

For anyone else who's been accepted so far, has it changed on your OUAC? Or have you received an email? I find it kinda odd that it hasn't yet.
HassanDude
#405 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:40:34 AM

Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Just got my acceptance. Someone link me to the Facebook group? :P

http://www.facebook.com/...iBBA/46021443891?ref=ts

There is going to be a different facebook group soon just for the class of 2016. That's how you can all meet during the summer before you even go for frosh. Last year I helped host a few events and it was awesome!

That sounds great. Does the faculty make it or is it a student thing?

There is going to be one event organized by admins and a few events organized by the student government. However, during the summer students are free to organize their own hang outs and meet-ups. Last year I helped organize a dinner for 40 people in June, hosted a Canada Day BBQ at the Toronto Beaches and went for God knows how many lunches with 3-6 people. :D

ooh good ideas- I shall keep that in mind for this/next year cyclops

There's also supposed to be one by students - usually a closed group titled "SchoolName Class of 2016". Usually to get to know each other before school starts. If no one wants to make it, I could do it and link everyone.
cocoappleli
#406 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:21:17 PM

HassanDude wrote:
For anyone else who's been accepted so far, has it changed on your OUAC? Or have you received an email? I find it kinda odd that it hasn't yet.

I haven't received anything either... and OUAC is still not updated.
Maybe wait until tomorrow or something and see?
Applied/[Accepted]:
York: Schulich BBA [Accepted]
UTSG: Rotman Commerce Accepted
UTSC: Co-op Management/ [Accepted]
UTM: Commerce/ [Accepted]
York: Psychology/ [Accepted]
Pawnee
#407 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:19:55 PM

JackMcGruff wrote:
Hello all!

I took all three, but calculus is certainly not in my top 6 (as in, high 70s mark). So they had to take my data mark, which was my best mark. I don't know if they would have looked at calculus at all, but it certainly wasn't included in consideration for my average and I was accepted, so I'm assuming that's not the case.
Pawnee
#408 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:21:57 PM

HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

There is going to be a different facebook group soon just for the class of 2016. That's how you can all meet during the summer before you even go for frosh. Last year I helped host a few events and it was awesome!

There is going to be one event organized by admins and a few events organized by the student government. However, during the summer students are free to organize their own hang outs and meet-ups. Last year I helped organize a dinner for 40 people in June, hosted a Canada Day BBQ at the Toronto Beaches and went for God knows how many lunches with 3-6 people. :D

There's also supposed to be one by students - usually a closed group titled "SchoolName Class of 2016". Usually to get to know each other before school starts. If no one wants to make it, I could do it and link everyone.

That sounds great, if you don't mind!
MINTOK
#409 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:25:16 PM

Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

Wow totally misinterpreted that question. lol

It's going to be created by the student council and everyone is going to get linked to it at the enrollment appointments. It's very chill and serves the purpose you just mentioned.
erudite
#410 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:28:39 PM

Pawnee wrote:
JackMcGruff wrote:
Hello all!

I took all three, but calculus is certainly not in my top 6 (as in, high 70s mark). So they had to take my data mark, which was my best mark. I don't know if they would have looked at calculus at all, but it certainly wasn't included in consideration for my average and I was accepted, so I'm assuming that's not the case.

Haha same here! Schulich definitely looked at my adv fun and data mark because my calculus mark is also a high 70. I did data in summer school and I repeated advanced functions in semester one. Lol all their policies worked in favour of me. (accepting repeated and accepting data. xD)
HassanDude
#411 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:32:16 PM

Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/309740525747295/

It'll just be the unofficial group, so we can get to know each other before frosh
Pawnee
#412 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:39:26 PM

erudite wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
JackMcGruff wrote:
Hello all!

Haha same here! Schulich definitely looked at my adv fun and data mark because my calculus mark is also a high 70. I did data in summer school and I repeated advanced functions in semester one. Lol all their policies worked in favour of me. (accepting repeated and accepting data. xD)

That's almost exactly what I did. I took data in the summer as well. But I'm in a non-semestered school so they had to take my current data mark.
Pawnee
#413 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:40:10 PM

MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

Wow totally misinterpreted that question. lol

It's going to be created by the student council and everyone is going to get linked to it at the enrollment appointments. It's very chill and serves the purpose you just mentioned.

Hey, the information you gave was useful as well, so I'm not complaining :P
Pawnee
#414 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:41:12 PM

HassanDude wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

It'll just be the unofficial group, so we can get to know each other before frosh

Thanks! I requested to join.
HassanDude
#415 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:42:31 PM

Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

I'm also going to leave it honour based. So I'm assuming you're not lying when it comes to requesting to join.
Pawnee
#416 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:48:40 PM

HassanDude wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

I'm also going to leave it honour based. So I'm assuming you're not lying when it comes to requesting to join.

Nope, and you already accepted me.
cocoappleli
#417 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:56:50 PM

HassanDude wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

I'm not 100% sure if I'll go to Schulich yet... Should I still join, or wait until I'm fully sure?
Applied/[Accepted]:
HassanDude
#418 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:58:23 PM

cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

I'm not 100% sure if I'll go to Schulich yet... Should I still join, or wait until I'm fully sure?

Just join :)
It won't hurt. It's unofficial anyways.
cocoappleli
#419 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:06:57 PM

HassanDude wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
HassanDude wrote:
Windsongs4 wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
Pawnee wrote:
MINTOK wrote:
cocoappleli wrote:
HassanDude wrote:

Just join :)
It won't hurt. It's unofficial anyways.

Ok :)
lol this quote is getting soooo long :P
Applied/[Accepted]:
Rodarte
#420 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:37:50 PM

this might be a stupid question but what the heck
applying for residence doesn't mean i accepted the offer right O__O
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
32 Pages «<1920212223>»
Conversation Jump