Browse Our Top Categories

3 Pages <123
Waterloo Engineering Acceptances are out Options ▼
Momaniac
#41 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2012 11:38:49 PM

hotweelsfreak46 wrote:
Anyone know how many more acceptances are coming out for Software Eng?
I have an 87.33% avg and I'm in the AP program. Has anyone got in with an avg of 87% or lower yet?

yeah i got into ECE with 87 avg on the dot, but I think that my school is known by UW due to our schools past performances in their contests. I did not have a lot of EC's but i had OK EC's as well. I made it to cities for a sport and I also did Robotics.
iRamie
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 1:27:59 AM

got into computer engineering
Waterloo Computer Engineering 2017

Waterloo Computer Engineering<-- ACCEPTED
Waterloo Computer Science<-- ACCEPTED
Carleton Software Engineering/Communications Engineering/Computer Science <-- ACCEPTED
McMaster Engineering (Co Op)<-- ACCEPTED
UofT Computer Engineering<-- ACCEPTED
UofT Computer Science<-- ACCEPTED

Comp Sci Avg: 92.3
Comp Eng Avg: 88.7
Vincentwzu
#43 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 7:18:20 AM

AKhan11 wrote:
Urnehpets wrote:
Rejected from tron.
Alternate to management.
Average: 93%.

Herp derp?

Rejected from Tron
Alternate to SYDE
Average: 95.333%
Mega Herpa Derp?

I withdrew my early acceptance for Tron in order to be considered for chemical engineering. And my average was only a bit higher than yours.
University of Waterloo
Chemical Engineering '17
WhereIGo
#44 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:09:15 AM

I had a top 6 average of about 94% when accepted to SYDE. It was my first choice
Attending: AFM Class of 2017 (Co-op with Big 4)

University of Western Ontario - Biological and Medical Science (ACCEPTED)
University of Waterloo - AFM-PA (ACCEPTED)
University of Waterloo - System Design Engineering (ACCEPTED)
University of Toronto - Engineering Science (ACCEPTED)
University of Toronto - Life Science St. George (ACCEPTED)
Urnehpets
#45 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:19:01 AM

AKhan11 wrote:

No worries, to be honest I was having a tough decision deciding between the two. Yea Tron was my first, SYDE second and ECE third. Was management your second choice? Did you participate in any robotic competitions? I'm thinking our lack of robotic experience might be the reason we were denied acceptance to Tron.

I see. Nope, I filled in management as one of the alternate offer things on the AIF. Tron was my second choice, after architecture which I already accepted my offer to... maybe that affects their decision? Oh well. It doesn't really matter to me either way.

Yeah I had no robotics experience, and only some turing, and basic c# experience, which is relatively useless. Probably got denied cause of that.. or my 82 in chem. Have fun in syde, if you wish to go :)
whatthe
#46 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 12:46:33 PM

Got into MECHATRONICS, with a crapty average, it'd be embarrassing to tell you guys it. ;)

University of Toronto - Engineering Science Class of 1T7 + PEY

Accepted 9/8

Queen's University - Engineering
Ryerson University - Undeclared Engineering
University of Ontario Institute of Technology - Nuclear Engineering
McMaster University - Engineering I
The University of Western Ontario - Mechatronics Systems Engineering
University of Toronto - Electrical Engineering - Alt Offer
University of Waterloo - Mechatronics Engineering
University of Waterloo - Accounting and Financial Management(PA)
University of Toronto - Engineering Science
addy17
#47 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:47:14 PM

whatthe wrote:
Got into MECHATRONICS, with a crapty average, it'd be embarrassing to tell you guys it. ;)

dude are you serious? People with 90's have been rejected from mechatronics and you have been accepted. I am definitely sure you have a high 90. Congrats and keep it up
Falcon300
#48 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 11:07:12 AM

Still haven't heard from Waterloo. Applied to Tron, alternate Mechanical then Electrical. I have an 87.5 average in top 6 (93 in Maths and 91 in English). I'm going crazy waiting. Did anyone get in or rejected with these marks? Response helpful, thanks.
Falcon300
#49 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 11:08:47 AM

whatthe wrote:

What was your average and what was on your AIF?
whatthe
#50 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 11:26:27 AM

If you guys insist, really, my TOP 6 average, is 93% on the dot, but without english, my top 5 pre-requisites is 95.2%. The AIF was my place to shine since I didn't do that well on English, although I didn't have much ECs to show, I was a tutor through the school, and DECA general member for 4 years. My AIF, was rather cheesy but plausible at the same time, and I guess that was they were looking for.. :\ I was shocked when I got AFM-PA as well. Oh and I didn't take any of the math contests, although I did take the SIN exam on May 3rd, which Waterloo probably didn't even receive by the time I got accepted.

EDIT : Word of advice to those Grade 11s who are applying next year, your AIF actually does MEAN ALOT, don't think that only high marks will get you in. I didn't even think I would get into TRON.

University of Toronto - Engineering Science Class of 1T7 + PEY

Accepted 9/8

Queen's University - Engineering
Ryerson University - Undeclared Engineering
University of Ontario Institute of Technology - Nuclear Engineering
McMaster University - Engineering I
The University of Western Ontario - Mechatronics Systems Engineering
University of Toronto - Electrical Engineering - Alt Offer
University of Waterloo - Mechatronics Engineering
University of Waterloo - Accounting and Financial Management(PA)
University of Toronto - Engineering Science
aah
#51 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:13:39 PM

I got rejected from mechatronics with an avg of 93.75%, high grades from another country and a college GPA 0.08 grade points away from perfect. They gave me an alternative to mechanical.
snoro
#52 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:38:44 PM

You do have to realize, that they dont only look at marks. But also your ECs and what you've written on your AIF. A lot of people i know with mid-90 averages have gotten rejected from SYDE and tron, because their AIF had little to nothing on it.
University of Waterloo - Management Engineering
Class of 2017

aah
#53 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:10:35 PM

snoro wrote:
You do have to realize, that they dont only look at marks. But also your ECs and what you've written on your AIF. A lot of people i know with mid-90 averages have gotten rejected from SYDE and tron, because their AIF had little to nothing on it.

I am quite aware of that, I did my AIF on time and I was a tutor in college, awarded a few GPA based bursaries and I got an award which my profs nominated me for. I even work for an engineering company now as a junior designer, I wont say which company. Fresh high school grads are given priority over "transfer" applicants. My friend's gilfriend's brother got into tron with an 82 avg
snoro
#54 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:54:47 PM

aah wrote:
snoro wrote:

I am quite aware of that, I did my AIF on time and I was a tutor in college, awarded a few GPA based bursaries and I got an award which my profs nominated me for. I even work for an engineering company now as a junior designer, I wont say which company. Fresh high school grads are given priority over "transfer" applicants. My friend's gilfriend's brother got into tron with an 82 avg

That is true, about the high school grads and transfer students. Sometimes it really makes me question what exactly are they looking for in the AIF. >.<
University of Waterloo - Management Engineering
Class of 2017

amatyja17
#55 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:31:11 PM

MDM93 wrote:
hamzajafri16 wrote:
MDM93 wrote:
YESSSSSSSYEYSEYSEYSEYSEYSESEY! I'm so happy right now :)

whats your top 6 average if you dont mind me asking?

My top 6 average was about like 89.6 % or something. I also had little to no volunteer/EC's.

I'm not looking to go to Waterloo so I did a half-ass job on my AIF, but got rejected for chem and got environmental eng instead, top 6 was a 90.5
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
3 Pages <123
Conversation Jump