Browse Our Top Categories

44 Pages «<2627282930>»
Hey! Anyone with OSAP Questions Read Here First! Options ▼
cboom880
#541 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 11:12:49 AM

CdnCremello wrote:
I just spoke to the student awards office at my university and for some reason my enrollment wasn't confirmed, so they did that, but she said that people likely won't see their OSAP for a few weeks after they're confirmed, even if it says their funding was released by OSAP. Hopefully she's wrong!

I talked to the office at my university today (Laurier) and the lady in the office said that it is being processed today and I should see my funding as early as today or Monday. hopefully this helps anyone wondering where in cyber space their money has gotten lost :)
agwong
#542 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 11:22:45 AM

Hmmmm... maybe this new OSAP procedure isn't suppose to be any quicker. Correct me if I'm wrong, this new MSFAA is a LIFETIME contract which we cannot default. Sounds more like a benefit to NSLSC than us students. If we do not receive the funding today, it's the same waiting time as usual...
limegreen1
#543 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 5:51:26 PM

so we either have to call our financial aid office or go in to confirm our enrollment???? i thought it was being done automatically through the school without us having to do that.
agwong
#544 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 7:03:49 PM

If you have any question on your application. Call the National Student Loan Centre (1-888-815-4514), they will be able to give you an update on your current status.

CdnCremello
#545 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 8:31:43 PM

cboom880 wrote:
CdnCremello wrote:
I just spoke to the student awards office at my university and for some reason my enrollment wasn't confirmed, so they did that, but she said that people likely won't see their OSAP for a few weeks after they're confirmed, even if it says their funding was released by OSAP. Hopefully she's wrong!

I talked to the office at my university today (Laurier) and the lady in the office said that it is being processed today and I should see my funding as early as today or Monday. hopefully this helps anyone wondering where in cyber space their money has gotten lost :)

I always did like Laurier...It's quite possible the woman I talked to at my school didn't know what she was talking about, since she started out telling my that everyone was confirmed, and then back peddled when they saw that I wasn't (I'm still not). My partner's has been being processed/released by OSAP since the 5th and still nothing.
CdnCremello
#546 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 8:36:10 PM

limegreen1 wrote:
so we either have to call our financial aid office or go in to confirm our enrollment???? i thought it was being done automatically through the school without us having to do that.

If you're seeing on your OSAP page "confirm enrollment" under things to do, I would give them a call, otherwise they did it automatically. Me not being confirmed was a fluke, most people were.
hogsmeade
#547 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 5:24:10 PM

I just have a few questions:

1. If, say, I withdraw from my university soon (e.g. this month), will the amount OSAP is giving me in the future be affected?
2. Also, if I didn't withdraw at all, but planned on transferring to a different university and a different program the next year, will my OSAP be affected by that?

(And by affected, I mean, will OSAP give me any "penalties" or whatsoever because I withdrew, or because I switched schools/program?)
kriztenn
#548 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:24:12 AM

If anyone receives their OSAP and is kind enough - let us all know how long after your funding was 'released' did you actually receive it??
ARMY101
#549 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:54:31 AM

kriztenn wrote:
If anyone receives their OSAP and is kind enough - let us all know how long after your funding was 'released' did you actually receive it??

4 days
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
ashkam94
#550 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:15:58 AM

I got my osap money yesterday but $857 are missing from 'canada-ontario integrated student loans' I asked my friend and she said that she got all of hers what should I do?
tajalaak
#551 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 3:18:39 PM

i checked my osap yesterday online, it notified me that my college has confirmed my enrollment finally. it also says that my funding has been released. but there's nothing in my bank. on top of this "review income verification" is still listed as one of my "next steps".. does everyone's osap say this? if not, is that what's stopping my money from being deposited? osap is so frustrating!
durian
#552 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 5:54:46 PM

kriztenn wrote:

4 days
durian
#553 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 5:59:50 PM

ashkam94 wrote:
I got my osap money yesterday but $857 are missing from 'canada-ontario integrated student loans' I asked my friend and she said that she got all of hers what should I do?

A lot of people in my school were missing roughly around the same amount as you, mine is $767 but I have another grant that should be coming on the 11th so I'm going to wait to see if they are depositing both amount same the same time. I also heard that sometimes the bank is slow in releasing the funds so just wait maybe a week or so before you start inquiring.
durian
#554 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:02:06 PM

tajalaak wrote:
i checked my osap yesterday online, it notified me that my college has confirmed my enrollment finally. it also says that my funding has been released. but there's nothing in my bank. on top of this "review income verification" is still listed as one of my "next steps".. does everyone's osap say this? if not, is that what's stopping my money from being deposited? osap is so frustrating!

Mine still shows the same as yours but I got my money yesterday. I hear the banks can be little bit slow so wait till monday /tuesday before inquiring.
brianvendiola
#555 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 10:05:55 AM

Anyone who got their enrolment confirmed on the 7th get their funding yet?
Andrew3012
#556 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 8:33:29 PM

My OSAP Application still says "School must confirm enrolment."
It's almost one week since class started, should I be concerned?
And yes, life is unfair, get over it.
ousia
#557 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 9:10:59 PM

Andrew3012 wrote:

same bro im scared
haddockk
#558 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 9:25:11 PM

ousia wrote:
Andrew3012 wrote:

same bro im scared

same as you two, im terrified i have no clue whats going on, I checked online with my university and it says that im enrolled in all the courses so i have no clue what to do now, and financial aid office isnt helping much, went in and talked to them about it and best advice they gave me was wait it out :/ like umm i need txtbooks and have bills to pay? Does anyone know what to do?
QuintinsMommy
#559 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 10:50:33 PM

haddockk wrote:
ousia wrote:
Andrew3012 wrote:

same bro im scared

same as you two, im terrified i have no clue whats going on, I checked online with my university and it says that im enrolled in all the courses so i have no clue what to do now, and financial aid office isnt helping much, went in and talked to them about it and best advice they gave me was wait it out :/ like umm i need txtbooks and have bills to pay? Does anyone know what to do?

I'm in the same boat as all of you :(
Ben31
#560 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 10:56:38 PM

QuintinsMommy wrote:
haddockk wrote:
ousia wrote:
Andrew3012 wrote:

same bro im scared

I'm in the same boat as all of you :(

Same here peeps.

I really need money for textbooks... Ugh!
44 Pages «<2627282930>»
Conversation Jump