Browse Our Top Categories

Easy UOttawa Electives for Social Sciences Options ▼
Njdeh
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2011 5:45:12 PM

Can any current UOttawa Social Science student give insight into which courses would be the easiest electives to take for a first year Political Science student? I'm looking for ones that really help with the GPA.
University of Toronto - Political Science
University of Ottawa - Political Science
University of Western Ontario - Political Science
Carleton University - Political Science
York University - Political Science
Ryerson University - Politics & Governance
InkSpot
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 7:49:39 PM

I don't attend UOttawa, but I have many friends who do. That being said, the 'easier' courses tend to be: Psych (intro to), Sociology (intro to) and the art history courses - though to most, they are mind-numbingly boring.

As a side note, I would avoid literature courses unless you truly enjoy them; they tend to be heavier.
Journalism, Carleton

'The walls have ears, and the ears have beautiful earrings.' (Paul-Eerik Rummo)
Emlily
#3 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 9:00:01 PM

DO NOT TAKE Intro to Sociology. I just finished it at UO and it is MORE than mind-numbing. I would recommend: criminology (these are really good courses and most people enjoy them) and Intro to Social Sciences (pretty easy, they walk you through all assignments bit by bit). I would also like to suggest Politics and Globalisation: this is a tougher course because there is A LOT of reading but I learned a great deal from it and the set up was nice.

Have fun choosing!
**Shields**
Accepted:
University of Toronto: Social Sciences + Vic One (Pearson Stream)
Carleton University: Honours Science
University of British Columbia: Arts
AbbyMermie
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 12:01:18 AM

Any 1000 level course should be quite easy. Just remember you can't take more than 42 credits at the 1000 level.
Njdeh wrote:
Can any current UOttawa Social Science student give insight into which courses would be the easiest electives to take for a first year Political Science student? I'm looking for ones that really help with the GPA.

Conversation Jump