Browse Our Top Categories

Dean's List at UofT Options ▼
lowerlevel
#1 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 6:52:42 PM

I know the Dean's list at UofT requires a 3.5 GPA or higher. My question is when is this awarded. Currently I have a 3.48 GPA,-but I am taking a half course this summer - finishing it next week and if I get an A- [80-84] my GPA will become 3.50. I currently have an 82 in the course heading into the final exam so it is very possible.

My question is when is the Dean's List handed out? Is handed out in May after the Fall/Winter session or is it awarded after the Summer session? I ask because if its after the Fall/Winter session I obviously won't get it but if its after Summer, I could very well likely get it.
ktel
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 7:25:35 PM

I googled "Dean's list U of T"

Dean's List
This designation is given to U of T degree students having a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 or higher, at the end of the Fall-Winter or Summer Session in which the fifth, tenth, fifteenth and twentieth credit offered by the university has been passed.
The dean sends a letter of commendation to each student having achieved this level of performance. Students who satisfy these criteria but do not receive the letter at the end of the appropriate session should contact the Office of the Registrar. (Dean's List letters are not issued at the end of the Fall Session.)

So it depends how many courses you took in the fall-winter session
lowerlevel
#3 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 11:52:10 PM

I took 5 courses during Fall/Winter and this would make 5.5 after Summer. I saw that, but its for UTM, was wondering if it was different for UTSG.
ktel
#4 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 11:59:20 PM

lowerlevel wrote:
I took 5 courses during Fall/Winter and this would make 5.5 after Summer. I saw that, but its for UTM, was wondering if it was different for UTSG.

No, I highly doubt it would be.
Conversation Jump